In 2019 St. John the Baptist Catholic School:
- Scored in the top 1.3% or higher in every area of the ILEARN assessment among ALL private and public schools in Vanderburgh and Warrick counties.
- Our school had an ELA pass percentage of 85.2% (fifth in the entire state).
- Math pass percentage of 86.2% (twenty-third in the entire state).
- Social Studies pass percentage of 96.8% (fourth in the entire state).
- Science pass percentage of 87.3% (fifteenth in the entire state).
- Both ELA and Math pass percentage of 76.5% (twelfth in the entire state). (See for yourself)
Through the Indiana Department of Education, St. John the Baptist Catholic School has earned an "A" rating and Four Star Status. St. John the Baptist Catholic School is a member of the National Catholic Education Association, and the Indiana Non-Public Education Association.
Academic excellence is a commitment we have at St. John the Baptist Catholic School. We want every child, regardless of his/her ability, to grow in knowledge each year as a member of our student body. As a school, we strive to reach and exceed the Indiana College and Career Readiness Standards with the additional expectations for rigor.
St. John the Baptist Catholic School offers a well-rounded curriculum and provides a variety of learning experiences in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, religion, health, music, art, physical education, computer applications, and Spanish. To meet the needs of all learners, teachers use differentiated strategies such as flexible grouping, tiered activities, and other best practices.
Middle school instruction in grades six through eight is departmentalized where each teacher is responsible for instruction in their own academic area. The core team of teachers meets together in a daily professional learning group to develop cross-curricular lessons, identify gaps in learning, learn new technology skills, focus on individual student concerns, and share best practices.